Here it is—have at it:
Quiz guide: 20 will appear on the quiz
1. What is a gene?
2. What is a genome?
3. What is an allele?
4. Where is DNA found? [location in cell]
5. How many chromosomes total are contained in a cell of a member of Homo sapiens?
6. What are the base pairs in DNA? [list the pairings]
7. What is the difference between sequencing and mapping?
8. What is a genotype?
9. What is a phenotype?
10. Name the four nucleotides found in DNA.
11. Approximately how many base pairs are there in a member of Homo sapiens?
12. Approximately how many genes are there in a member of Homo sapiens?
13. Which chromosome has the fewest number of genes?
14. What is a polymorphism?
15. What is the difference between a dominant and a recessive gene?
16. Which cells in the human body are haploid?
17. What are gametes?
18. What is pluripotency?
19. What is differentiation?
20. What is transdifferentiation?
21. What is a feeder cell layer?
22. What are the three characteristics unique to all stem cells?
23. What is an embryonic stem cell and what can it do?
24. What is an adult or somatic stem cell and what can it do?
25. What is an induced pluripotent stem cell and what can it do?
26. What is preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
27. What is intracytoplasmic sperm injection?
28. What is in vitro fertilization?
29. What are assisted reproductive technologies?
30. What is superovulation?
31. What is cryopreservation?
32. What is somatic cell nuclear transfer?
33. Distinguish between in vitro and in vivo.