Here she be:
Quiz guide: 20 will appear on the quiz
1. What is a gene?
2. What is a genome?
3. What is an allele?
4. Where in the cell is DNA found?
5. How many chromosomes total are contained in a cell of a member of Homo sapiens?
6. What are the base pairs of nucleotides in DNA? [spell out the pairings]
7. What is sequencing?
8. What is mapping?
9. What is a genotype?
10. What is a phenotype?
11. Approximately how many base pairs are there in a member of Homo sapiens?
12. Approximately how many genes are there in a member of Homo sapiens?
13. Which chromosome has the fewest number of genes?
14. What is the significance of epigentics?
15. What is the difference between a dominant and a recessive gene?
16. What is the difference between a Mendelian and a multifactorial trait?
17. Which cells in the human body are haploid?
18. What are gametes?
19. What is pluripotency?
20. What is differentiation?
21. What is a feeder cell layer?
22. What are the three germ layers?
23. At what stage [how many days] are stem cells removed from the zygote?
24. What is the inner cell mass?
25. What are the three characteristics unique to all stem cells?
26. Cord blood contains what kind of stem cell?
27. What is in vitro fertilization?
28. What is preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
29. What is intracytoplasmic sperm injection?
30. What is cryopreservation?
31. What is superovulation?
32. What is the difference between reproductive cloning and therapeutic cloning?
33. What is somatic cell nuclear transfer?
34. Distinguish between in vitro and in vivo.