Remember, the quiz is this Tuesday.
Quiz guide: 20 will appear on the quiz
1. What is a gene?
2. What is a genome?
3. What is an allele?
4. How many chromosomes total are contained in a cell of a member of Homo sapiens?
5. What are the base pairs of nucleotides in DNA? [spell out the words and put in pairs]
6. What is sequencing?
7. What is mapping?
8. What is a genotype?
9. What is a phenotype?
10. Approximately how many genes are there in a member of Homo sapiens?
11. Which chromosome has the most number of genes?
12. Which chromosome has the fewest number of genes?
13. What is the difference between a dominant and a recessive gene or allele?
14. Distinguish between a Mendelian and a multifactorial trait.
15. Name a type of chromosomal abnormality and an associated syndrome.
16. Distinguish between in vitro and in vivo.
17. What is a basic problem to overcome in gene transfer?
18. What are gametes [name them]?
19. What are the three types of stem cells?
20. What is pluripotency?
21. What is differentiation?
22. What is the purpose of the feeder cell layer?
23. What are the three germ layers?
24. At what stage [how many days] is the inner cell mass removed from the zygote?
25. What are the three characteristics unique to all stem cells?
26. What is in vitro fertilization?
27. What is preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
28. What is intracytoplasmic sperm injection?
29. What is cryopreservation?
30. What is superovulation and what causes it?
31. What is somatic cell nuclear transfer?