Allrighty, here she be:
Quiz: February 28
Quiz guide: 20 will appear on the quiz
1. What is a gene?
2. What is a genome?
3. What is an allele?
4. How many chromosomes total are contained in a cell of a member of Homo sapiens?
5. What are the base pairs of nucleotides in DNA? [spell out the words and put in pairs]
6. What is sequencing?
7. What is mapping?
8. What is a phenotype?
9. Approximately how many genes are there in a member of Homo sapiens?
10. Genes and/or traits which do not currently contribute to reproductive fitness may be what?
11. Traits such as personality, intelligence, & other behavioral characteristics are likely what kind of traits?
12. For a child to have sickle-cell disease or cystic fibrosis, her mother and father must each have what?
13. What is a basic problem to overcome in gene transfer?
14. Which chromosome has the fewest number of genes?
15. Name a type of chromosomal abnormality and an associated syndrome.
16. What are gametes [name them]?
17. What are the three characteristics unique to all stem cells?
18. What are the three types of stem cells?
19. What is pluripotency?
20. What is one test for or indicator of pluripotency?
21. What is the purpose of the feeder cell layer?
22. What are the three germ layers?
23. What is the process of in vitro fertilization?
24. What is the process of intracytoplasmic sperm injection?
25. What is the process of preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
26. Name one type of prenatal test and what it tests for
27. What is cryopreservation?
28. What is somatic cell nuclear transfer?
29. Name one problem or obstacle to be overcome in cloning.