Here are the next set of readings, a mixed bunch of articles, photos, and cartoons; most are fairly short (1-2 pages), although some are a bit longer.
And while I’m only pulling two editorials about the sit-ins from the Greensboro Public Library archive local newspapers, I strongly recommend perusal of the various articles, editorials, and letters contained therein.
- Editorial, Into Sharp Focus, Greensboro Record Feb 3, 1960
- Editorial, Leadership at the Five and Ten, Greensboro Daily News, Feb 5, 1960
- B Bagdikian, Negro Youth’s New March to Dixie, Saturday Evening Post, 1961?
- A Bigelow, The White Problem, Liberation, Sept 1961
- DT Lovan, The Invisible Press, The Jackson Sun
- C Sitton, Negro Sitdowns stir fear of wider unrest in the South, NY Times, Feb 1960
- Jules Ffeiffer, various cartoons on civil rights, 1960-66
- Sit-in photos
- Gallup polls on civil rights, pp 2-3